Policy is a term referring to the processes and rules observed involving the creation, editing, and management of articles on Gamification_Wiki as well as treatment of other users. This is to be distinguished from a guideline which suggests etiquette and practice to make management and presentation of Gamification Wiki more consistent and streamlined.
Violating a Gamification Wiki policy will at the very least lead to a page being edited to conform to policy. Edits or new pages that are created that do not conform to a specific policy are subject to change by another user (assuming that change conforms with policy) without expectation of appeal to an admin, as is all content within the site. However, it may also lead to the page being deleted or — for the worst offenses — it may lead to the poster being declared a vandal and become banned or blocked. Treatment of users who engage in destruction of content, harassment, or misuse of content (spam) is also governed by policy.
The following policies have been developed over time; mostly as consensus works between Gamification Wiki administrators and users. A few are decreed by administrators.
Gamification Wiki policies
- Policy status and phases
- The policy governing policies – how to create new ones, how to change existing ones, and how to recall bad ones.
- The category policy
- How to categorize pages, and how to name and categorize new categories.
- The copyright policy
- Copyright enforcement and fair use restrictions.
- The deletion policy
- How to nominate pages for deletion and when they are eligible for actual termination.
- The do-not-post policy
- Specific items and topics we do not allow on Gamification Wiki.
- The editing policy
- How to make changes to existing pages – what you actually dare doing without asking everyone first and what you really should ask about first.
- The external links policy
- What sort of external links are allowed and where to put them.
- The images policy
- What sort of images are allowed and how to use them.
- Gamification_Wiki:Item articles policy
- How to format item pages.
- The article naming policy
- How to name articles so that people more easily can guess what to type to get to a particular type of page.
- The neutral-point-of-view policy
- Articles on Gamification Wiki should approach their subject objectively.
- Gamification_Wiki:Personal article policy
- Naming and formatting for personal articles.
Community management policies
- The user naming policy
- Types of user names which are disallowed on Gamification Wiki.
- The vandalism policy
- What Gamification Wiki considers vandalism and what we do to vandals. (Not what we would like to do to vandals, though.)
- The voting policy
- Votes completed according to this policy are considered enforceable on Gamification Wiki.